Node Architecture, Engineering, Consulting, P.C. is integrated multi-disciplinary firm providing architectural and engineering services to both public and private sector clients.
Our projects range from small interior renovations to design and development of large multifamily and mixed-use projects, commercial spaces, tenant fit-outs, and hospitality throughout the New York City Area.
Our team consists of enthusiastic, creative and dedicated self-managed individuals with professional and positive mindsets creating a fun and productive working environment with open communication and team collaboration.
We are looking for Licensed Professional specialized in Structural engineering to join our professional design team.
· Coordinate with PM/PA all the FO, SOE and Structural requirements for the project
· Perform field surveys of planned construction sites to develop existing site analysis and pre-construction inspection reports
· Provide basis of design engineering narratives for the proposed FO, SOE and Structural design for the project.
· Initiate and lead kick off with Project Architect and other Engineers to identify design strategy and priority for FO, SOE and Structural work projects
· Initiate and lead kick off with FO, SOE and Structural modeler to identify design development strategy.
· Initiate and lead kick off meetings with Project Filling representatives to identify filling strategy and priority for FO, SOE and Structural approvals
· Communicate and coordinate designs and design changes with Project Architect and other Engineers to assure all designs are coordinated and provided in timely manner to meet project assigned timelines
· Develop FO, SOE and Structural construction documents per Node and DOB Standards
· Oversee FO, SOE and Structural modeling staff, assure design development is progressing per allocated timeline and budgeted hours
· Oversee and communicate with filling representatives to assure all City agency filings of completed FO/SOE and Structural designs are submitted in timely manner, and all the changes in design are properly and in timely manner reflected at all FO/SOE and Structural associated documentation
· Provide all the information needed for DOB NOW FO/SOE and Structural applications, advising if any special regulation is applicable to project’s FO/SOE and Structural design
· Perform design quality control and clash detection between Structural and other engineering disciplines
· Provide Professional Engineer Stamp on Node FO,SOE and Structural drawings and applications
· Where required, submit provided design solutions to Senior Structural engineer for review and approval before design development commencement
· Serve as the main contact for the FOE/SOE and Structural design with all parties on the project
· Provide weekly updates to PM on the progress of FO/SOE and Structural designs and approvals.
· Update task progress /stage at project management platform and tag and notify billing department on weekly basis
· Oversee the budgeted hours for design are not exceeded
· Provide responses to the Owner’s and GC RFI promptly.
· Review and respond to Client or City agencies email inquiries every morning at log in and every night prior to sign off
· Upon approval issuance, together with filling representatives responsible for work permit issuance, coordinate smooth transition of FO/SOE and Structural work to timely manner permitted status and to construction commencement
· During Construction, perform construction site progress and special inspections, coordinate required design amendments to plans and documents and assure construction phase amendments and as builds are done promptly and in timely manner for CO, coordinate closely with modeling and filling team to assure timely manner execution
· Update Owner’s project team and Node project team of FO/SOE and Structural design progress and completion timeline.
- 5 Years of engineering experience related to Foundation and Structural design
- Strong organizational, analytical, problem solving, communication and design skills
- Must be a self-starter and be able to manage multiple projects
- Ability to communicate as a valued team member with colleagues and clients at all levels
- Ability to provide inspection reports in a timely manner
- Reliable means of transportation and a valid driver’s license
- Willingness to obtain ICC certifications
- Work well with a team and individually
- Familiarity with construction industry codes
- Experience in BIM360
- PE Registration
- Experience with Revit
Healthcare, Continuing education related to engineering or architectural professions
Save on commute, paid travel expense
Vacation, Sick, and Holiday paid leaves